Orthopedic Benefits of Eggplants
Loading the player...Healthy Eating - how eggplant can improve your diet <p>Sarah Ware, RD, <a href="https://smartfood-now.com/local/local-registered-dietician">Registered Dietician</a> and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including <a href="https://heartfailurenow.com/the-heart-health-benefits-of-eggplants">eggplants </a>can help improve overall health.</p>
Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including eggplants can help improve overall health.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad.Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad.
Windset Farms® Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad
- 4 oz Aged Manchego cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups Canola oil
- 10 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Keen’s mustard powder
- 3 Adagio® Baby Eggplants, sliced into discs
- 4 Virtuoso® Beefsteak Tomatoes, sliced into discs
- 4 leaves Delicato® Butter Lettuce
- cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Combine cheese with parsley, lemon and pepper, set aside and keep at room temperature.
- In a small pot start simmering canola oil with 10 cloves of garlic over medium heat. After 12-15 minutes remove from heat and let cool, garlic should be golden brown and translucent. Strain and keep the oil. Place garlic cloves in a small dish at room temp or refrigerate if not using right away.
- In a bowl whisk 2 cups garlic oil, with sherry vinegar and Keens mustard powder. Set aside.
- Pre-heat and clean the grill, barbecue or griddle.
- Slice the Adagio® Baby Eggplant into discs approximately ½ inch think. Brush with remaining garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender on both sides (approximately 3 minutes per side) over medium/high heat. Remove and let cool.
- Slice Virtuoso® Beefsteak Tomatoes into discs, layer with Adagio® Baby Eggplant.
- Pour on garlic dressing, add garlic cloves and garnish with Manchego cheese/parsley mixture.
- Serve with some Delicato® Butter Lettuce or Romaine hearts and some crusty bread!