Arhtritic Health Benefits of Bell Peppers
Loading the player...Arthritis - the health benefits of tomatoes <p><a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/rheumatologist"> Rheumatologist</a>, and a <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician">Registered Dietician</a>, and a Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of <a href="https://smartfood-now.com/tomatoes-family-smart-food-now">tomatoes</a> in relation to arthritis management.</p>
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Red Pepper Tomato Gratin
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Red Pepper Tomato Gratin Chef Dana Reinhardt, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Red Pepper Tomato GratinChef Dana Reinhardt, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Red Pepper Tomato Gratin
Windset Farms® Red Pepper Tomato Gratin
- 4 Maestro® Bell Peppers
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1 ½ cups panko*
- salt and pepper to taste
*Panko is a Japanese bread crumb available in the Asian specialty section of grocery stores.
- Pre-heat oven to 450ºF.
- Place peppers, whole, on a baking sheet and roast in oven until charred (about 20 minutes).
- Place roasted peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit until cool, seed and peel. Set aside. Turn oven down to 350ºF.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and herbs, sauté for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together onion mixture, roasted peppers, capers and Roma Tomato slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter an 8″ x 10″ baking dish and layer half of the mixture from step 5. Top this with goat cheese and layer with remaining mixture. Scatter panko on top and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.